Skip to main content

SRK on My Name is Khan

'My Name is Khan' is not only a big achievement for all of us for many reasons but also because Karan Johar is a wonderful director. He is a little intense but keeps us happy on the sets.  'My Name is Khan' is the journey of two lovers, Kajol and me. It's a physical and an emotional journey for me and I overcome all these obstacles. It is a film about hope. It is a film about love. What is special is that Karan has retained the 'Karan Joharishness' in the film despite it being a very intense one. This, despite it being a very serious subject. Karan completes our journey as an actor through his film. The film is also very special because Kajol took some time to give her nod as we had to coax her a lot. But finally she agreed to work with me and thus it is like getting the old team back.
 
The story

The film is about Rizwan Khan (SRK) who suffers from Asperger syndrome, a form of autism that affects social interaction abilities. The fact that they are recognising a Karan Johar film as a film that they can release on an international platform is good for Indian cinema. If I am not wrong, I think it is a great honour in itself. Hopefully, our film is good enough that it will take all of us – you, me, Karan and the whole film industry – a step forward to the next level.
 
His character

Every actor has the desire to do something special. I have to thank Karan and Kajol for my role in the film. Karan for thinking of me in this character, and Kajol for helping me develop the character.
 
Love
The film is all about how love can conquer anything. There is a beautiful dialogue in the film, which says, 'I have learnt how to love.' It's not just about Asperger's syndrome but also about humanity.
 
Research
Two years back I used to work with specially challenged children. I grew up with them. I also read a book 'Curious Incident of A Dog In the Middle of Time'." I studied that these children learnt physical control and speech control. Karan gave me a lot of freedom to try various aspects for the role. I hope it will help people afflicted by this syndrome. Karan and his writer Shibani Bhatija have gone through a lot of research. Karan is a nice director to work with. I wish that all actors will work with him and at the same time I wish that he will work only with me.
 
Promotions
I have no plans to vanish from the promotions. I am going to be here. I think controversy is a very delicate word which can be used to your advantage. Every film has its own way of being marketed. It is our duty to market the film.
 
my_name_is_khan_2

Berlin Film Festival
'My Name is Khan' has been selected to show at the Berlin International Film Festival which takes place from February 11-21, 2010. I'm so excited. Of course, I'll be going there with Karan and Kajol! There's nothing as prestigious as presenting our film at the Berlin film festival's official selection. Even more than awards, it's getting eyeballs at such a festival – that is important.


Source: Indiainfo
http://shahrukhkhanz.blogspot.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being SRK: The ultimate reality TV show

It's a job most Indians would die for — shadowing Shah Rukh Khan wherever he goes. For the last two months, that's exactly what a TV crew has been doing, following the country's biggest star from South Africa to America to London to Mumbai — all for the making of a unique six-part series on the actor, to be telecast on lifestyle channel Discovery Travel & Living. "It's an inner world-outer world kind of documentary," said Khan, speaking exclusively to HT. "Hopefully, the parts that people will get to see of me — at work and at other places — will shed some light on how films and film stars work and offer an insight into how I do things." Khan said he has got to know the crew quite well ("They have been very unobtrusive"). For Discovery Travel & Living, this series will be one of the biggest global productions to come out of India and will be shown all over the world. "We haven't yet decided when we're going to telec

ShahRukh Khan Forum

hi,All SRK fanz just check out the newly launched ShahRukh khan Discussion forum and stay upto date with latest news of SRK...Register now http://www.shahrukh.itrello.com/forums/ http://shahrukhkhan.fotopic.net