Skip to main content

I am tired of comparisons: Shah Rukh Khan

Shah Rukh Khan does not like being compared with either Bollywood legends or B-town rookies

FILM TALK "I've seen a lot of ups and downs and have not forgotten my early days in the industry, when a few of my films didn't do well. I used to travel in a bus in those days and the people who recognized me would criticize those films. I have come a long way and tasted success as an actor, but my kids would keep saying that I don't make films for them. So I decided to do something different for cinema itself and that's how Ra.One happened. After 20 years in the industry, the numbers game doesn't bother me. My passion for doing good cinema remains the same as before and I want everyone to do well. There's no rivalry with anyone."

SUPERHERO'S BUMPY RIDE "Five years ago, when we thought of Ra.One, there were genuine apprehensions about the huge expenses and many felt it would be difficult to recover the costs. But everyone was very supportive and I am glad that we went ahead with it. And let me clarify that the poster of the film hasn't been copied from anywhere."

PROMOTIONAL SPREE "Today, with so many platforms being available, it's important to promote a movie ahead of its release. Earlier, films would be released elsewhere the week after it was released in Mumbai. But today, it's about maximizing the profits in the first weekend and the era of films completing silver jubilees and golden jubilees is over. I will never shy away from promotional activities because I believe in letting my audience know what to expect from my films. Besides, promotions also draw a certain percentage of non-regular movie-goers to theatres."

NO COMPARISONS, PLEASE "I am sick and tired of being compared all the time! Just like it's not fair to compare me to a legend like Amitabh Bachchan, however flattering it may be, it's equally unfair to compare me to every second newcomer. Without sounding rude, I just want to say that in the last 20 years, I have done enough quality work to carve out my own identity."

ME, THE WORKAHOLIC "I've been so busy for the past one month that I have been sleeping at around 11 every morning after working non-stop in the night. Shooting for Don 2 has been physically exhausting. However, as an entertainer, all these things seem like a cakewalk when a film of yours does well. And once a film of mine is completed, my wife is among the first to watch it and give me her feedback."

MY KIDS, MY WORLD "I'm blessed to have such lovely children. I'll be happy if they study well and are happy in whatever they choose to do. Fame and money are secondary."

Source: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/news-interviews/I-am-tired-of-comparisons-Shah-Rukh-Khan/articleshow/10217982.cms

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being SRK: The ultimate reality TV show

It's a job most Indians would die for — shadowing Shah Rukh Khan wherever he goes. For the last two months, that's exactly what a TV crew has been doing, following the country's biggest star from South Africa to America to London to Mumbai — all for the making of a unique six-part series on the actor, to be telecast on lifestyle channel Discovery Travel & Living. "It's an inner world-outer world kind of documentary," said Khan, speaking exclusively to HT. "Hopefully, the parts that people will get to see of me — at work and at other places — will shed some light on how films and film stars work and offer an insight into how I do things." Khan said he has got to know the crew quite well ("They have been very unobtrusive"). For Discovery Travel & Living, this series will be one of the biggest global productions to come out of India and will be shown all over the world. "We haven't yet decided when we're going to telec

ShahRukh Khan Forum

hi,All SRK fanz just check out the newly launched ShahRukh khan Discussion forum and stay upto date with latest news of SRK...Register now http://www.shahrukh.itrello.com/forums/ http://shahrukhkhan.fotopic.net