Skip to main content

I didn't say anything that was radical: SRK

Shah Rukh Khan said on Friday that he maintains caution following the controversy over the release of his film My Name is Khan after his IPL remark favouring Pakistani players.

"I am little worried, careful about what I say. I will always stay on the side I am sure of. I will clearly do this," Khan said, while speaking exclusively to Headlines Today's Senior Editor Koel Purie.

"I don't think of it - MNIK row - as a victory or a battle. I have been numbed by this. We do not need this in this country. What I said was not completely wrong and it may have been misunderstood," he said after Mumbai flocked to see MNIK, defying Shiv Sena threat.

"I did not say anything that was radical. I always stand by the side which is right," he said.

On rumours of his bowing down to Sena supremo Bal Thackeray and apologizing for his IPL remarks, he said, "I did not know what to retract and I still don't. Nobody demanded an apology and the question never arose."

"It was never asked, what I said was absolutely clear," he added.

To a question regarding his portrayal of a Muslim man in MNIK, he said, "Character is important. It is incidental that the hero is a Khan. It is about the beauty of this country that I have played different characters, coming from different religions. It is my duty to explain my religion to my fans."

While talking about the controversy, Shah Rukh said as an aftethought, "My family is embarrassed to take me out in public because of my viewpoint as I speak my mind."

When asked if he will support his fraternity in times of crisis, he said, "We do offer personal support." He thanked all those who supported him during the controversy, but said the film fraternity holds back from speaking its mind.

On being asked if the Sena-SRK spat was a publicity stunt, he said, "I have said it on my Twitter and I will say it again, shut up. I don't need these gimmicks. I'm publicity. Shah Rukh Khan needs no external publicity. I have planned for my publicity. I pay for my publicity, I work for my publicity and I market my publicity."

Source: http://indiatoday.intoday.in/site/Story/84804/India/I+didn%27t+say+anything+that+was+radical:+SRK.html

Comments

  1. dear mr khan today i read this from site

    http://www.sanghparivar.org/forum/shahrukh-khan-an-anti-hindu-a-posterboy-of-islamic-terrorism-doing-politics-against-indian-for

    i want you to reply on these charges....

    In 2000, his Phir Bhi Dil Hai Hindustani has a ‘Hindu’ as a terrorist.
    In 2001, he makes a film on India’s greatest emperor whose insignia is on the flag itself, Ashok Maurya, using a paltry budget (compared to a Jodha Akbar or Mughal-E-Azam) and shows him is some very questionable light at that.
    The treatment of Ashok Maurya by Khan is very different in tone compared to far more questionable characters like Akbar and Mughal kings.
    In 2002, a movie of his is linked to being funded by people who are later arrested amidst suspicion of operating at behest of Pakistani underworld.
    In 2004 his home production Main Hoon Naa has a Hindu in the Indian army once again as its lead villain.
    In 2007, in his home production Om Shanti Om, he and Farah Khan mock the legendary patriotic filmmaker Manoj Kumar (nicknamed ‘Bharat’) but not Dilip Kumar whose name is Yusuf Khan, leading Manoj Kumar to being the first major public superstar to suggest Khan may be having a communal agenda behind the clever talk.
    In 2010, Khan blasts Indians for not selecting Pakistanis in IPL when it was speculated that Indians did so as a measure to remind Pakistan of consequences of lapses like 26/11.
    But Khan instead jumped in, essentially doing propaganda for Pakistan using the media and then gloating about his Pakistani father to boot. This finally triggered the Shivsena assault on Khan which continues.
    Taken in isolation, each of these can be overlooked perhaps. But over time a pattern starts to build.
    For a muslim enjoying incredible privileges over 20 years in Hindu-majority Hindustan; privileges which let’s face it, would not be available to any Hindu in a muslim-majority ‘wonderful’ Pakistan, Shah Rukh Khan has a lot of explaining to do.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Being SRK: The ultimate reality TV show

It's a job most Indians would die for — shadowing Shah Rukh Khan wherever he goes. For the last two months, that's exactly what a TV crew has been doing, following the country's biggest star from South Africa to America to London to Mumbai — all for the making of a unique six-part series on the actor, to be telecast on lifestyle channel Discovery Travel & Living. "It's an inner world-outer world kind of documentary," said Khan, speaking exclusively to HT. "Hopefully, the parts that people will get to see of me — at work and at other places — will shed some light on how films and film stars work and offer an insight into how I do things." Khan said he has got to know the crew quite well ("They have been very unobtrusive"). For Discovery Travel & Living, this series will be one of the biggest global productions to come out of India and will be shown all over the world. "We haven't yet decided when we're going to telec

ShahRukh Khan Forum

hi,All SRK fanz just check out the newly launched ShahRukh khan Discussion forum and stay upto date with latest news of SRK...Register now http://www.shahrukh.itrello.com/forums/ http://shahrukhkhan.fotopic.net