Skip to main content

EXCLUSIVE: Shah Rukh Khan's Blog For All KKR Fans

Archived Topic

The beginning of a new day!

When the season started, I thought I would write every couple of days to all our fans that visit our site.

Firstly, thanks for doing so and a special thanks to all who believe in the Knight Riders and support us as a team. Apologies for not being a regular at my blog or actually not even writing the first entry with the start of the season. So here is the first one.

I thought I would start the first write up by detailing the threshold and culture of this franchise.
That would have been apt if we hadn't started playing. Right now, as I write at 5 a.m. in Cape Town, having lost yet another game, which we could have won, the heart is heavy and the mind is numb. Full marks to Rajasthan Royals for proving that a true champion team does not choke at the finish line. Congratulations guys.

Since the commenceme
nt of this season, we have a trail of one win out of three, which is not a good position to be in. So at this time I will not get into why the franchise was started and what dreams we all have as far as our ambitions are concerned. All ambitions finally will get fulfilled only when the team wins and keeps true to the faith that all our fans have invested in us. Till such time, I am going to talk a bit about the game as I understand, which needless to say is quite limited. I will also talk about the role that I choose to play as part of the Knight Riders.

I treat this team as I treat my own children. I am quite a doting father and perhaps a bit too emotionall
y involved with all the things my team goes through. I feel like crying when they lose and go wild with happiness when they win. Throughout the tournament last year, my only concern was that the team members should not in any way feel sad or bad after the losses we suffered. If I could, I would want to take all the disappointments they face with every loss or a bad performance onto myself. As much as I try, I now realise that it is not possible.

This is a set of profession
al players and they seem to understand one rule that most of us cannot understand. And the rule is that this is a game, and one team will lose while the other will win.

If either the success or the defeat of the last match lingers beyond a day, it would be impossible
for them to face a new match and a new challenge the next time round, with full steam and gusto. They gather the broken pieces, try and understand what could be done better and start afresh. Like a father learns from his children, I am beginning to understand this lesson too. Earlier I used to pep talk our team before and after every match, so that their morale would remain positive. As the year has passed into another, I now realise that these boys actually walk the talk; and I need to do the same. I am learning from this whole experience that the more I practice, the easier things seem.

The harder I run, the farther I can go. The more I pray, the less I feel the burden of performanc
e. Also I am learning that after doing all this, there is no guarantee of winning everyday. So all one can do is to give it your best shot and leave the rest.

In attempting
to give it our best, our team has taken lots of unpopular decisions. Starting with, the multiple captains to choices of whom we play in which match. A truckload of criticism from all quarters has been dumped at our doorsteps. Every time I go and sit in the stadium, I feel the weight of all the choices made. If we come out winners through this tournament, will I feel vindicated? The answer is no. If we don't perform as well as we should, would I feel we did the wrong thing? Again the answer is no.

The decisions we take in life, need not always lead to a black and white solution as in mathematic
s. The decisions are guidelines and beliefs we chalk down our path towards a goal. Sometimes we get to the goal inspite of the decisions and sometimes because of them. And there are times when all goes wrong. The strength lies in sticking to a path that you chose to begin with. As the journey progresses, whether that path turns out to be tough or easy, you have to follow it because therein lies your principles and beliefs.

Assessing how a ball should be played after seeing it at 1500 frames per second on your television
sets is one thing…but to take that split millisecond decision, when the ball tears down at you, at 150 kilometers per hour, is another ballgame altogether. In retrospect things can be explained and faults and genius can be torn apart or praised, but in the moment that you have to live and deliver, a path has to be chosen and walked on, with complete belief that it will work out fine.

I don't know if the path we have chosen is correct or not…and that's why we won't feel vindicated
in victory and neither will we feel ashamed in defeat. It's just a path we the Knight Riders have chosen to walk on and will stick to it, till the very end. I hope all those who believe in this team will walk along with us.

This is getting as long as a Test Match, and I need to end it. I can feel the first rays of the Sun beginning to break through. A new day is about to begin. The defeat still lingers thick in my mind…so I will try and sleep it off and start afresh again. I know my boys will do the same. We will face our disappoint
ments head on with a smile and a prayer. I close my eyes with these thoughts from Theodore Roosevelt:

    It is not the critic who counts;

    Not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles,

    Or where the doer of deeds could have done them better.

    The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena,

    Whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood;

    Who strives valiantly;


    Who errs, who comes short again and again,

    Because there is no effort without error and shortcomin
g;

    But who does actually strive to do deeds;

    Who knows great enthusiasm
s, the great devotions;

    Who spends himself in a worthy cause;

    Who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievemen
t,

    And who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly,

    So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who

    neither know

    Victory nor Defeat.

KORBO LORBO JEETBO

Official blog by ShahRukh Khan, Source: KKR.IN

Comments

  1. sir please give me a chance to meet you........ I am Rishav Raj.........

    ReplyDelete
  2. sir please give me a chance to meet you.........I am Rishav Raj...........

    ReplyDelete
  3. sha..sha...sha..........sharukh Chu chu.........cho loos today's match
    it's a good news


    A.bachan

    ReplyDelete
  4. SRK pase ka liya kuch bhi kare ga.
    Ma janta hu..............

    ReplyDelete
  5. SRK MOvie prices are very very loooooooooooooooss

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Sir,
    First of all I want to say that, My English is not so good.
    I am you big fan from the first day of your serial "Fauji". I alway thought that Sharukh can't do any mistake. But now a days I noticed that your maximum move is failed. I live in Kolkata, so I have soft corner to your team "Knight Riders". In that case I think you should keep faith on Indians not on Australian. Because, Indians can feel you, Indians think you are our own person, which Australians can't. You said before IPL that "Sourav is the only captain of our team" but you just did opposite in South Africa. I think this move can harm your image. I know that Sourabh Ganguly is not in good form, but this is also right that you are also little responsible for that. I belive that Sourav Ganguly have a Tiger Heart. Keep faith on him. This may request to your on behalf of every Kolkata citizens. I have to say lot of things to you but due to insufficient language stock I could'nt do that. We love you lot Sharukh. Please don't heart our fellings. Don't damage your image to us. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sharukh

    How Are You. Wel come back to India. unfortunataly your team KNR doesn't perfomance very well in IPL 2009. rest of all. I hope your team perfomance very in IPL 2010.Sharukh Can u give me your email id. so keep in touch to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Mr.Shah Rukh Khan,
    I can certainly see the point you are making, put succinctly: It is easier to sit in the confines of one's house and pass comments about how a team should be run wheras it is a totally different ball game to actually be in the battlefield.

    Our choices lead us to take actions in life. Those choices are based on
    the information that is available to us at that point in time and we only make wise or unwise decisions based on the choices...
    So when faced with the consequence of that decision, one needs to take complete responsibility for that unwise decision. Then based on the current circumstances, make further choices and take decisions to improve the effect of that unwise decision.

    Regardless of how others are being judgemental of your actions, you have to stay strong and bear in mind that It is YOUR team and you are entitled to take decisions based on what you think is right for your team.
    It is all about improvising.

    Stand by your decisions, for I am sure, you will be vindicated in the end!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey sharukh khan ji....i respect u lot...gr8 fan of urs...i always like ur media comment ...those are very sensible...i m disappoint that kkr is not doing well in 2009...but be with them...neva sell that team...its good team ...will do good next year...inshallah...try taking more player like hodge..he is awsum....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mr. Khan,
    Continuing my previous comment, I would like to add that,

    People tend to follow tried and tested paths to succeed. Taking risks and thinking unconventionally is not for the faint-hearted.

    Wisdom from the crabs..
    'One time a man was walking along the beach and saw another man fishing in the surf with a bait bucket beside him. As he drew closer, he saw that the bait bucket had no lid and had live crabs inside.
    "Why don't you cover your bait bucket so the crabs won't escape?", he said.
    "You don't understand.", the man replied, "If there is one crab in the bucket it would surely crawl out very quickly. However, when there are many crabs in the bucket, if one tries to crawl up the side, the others grab hold of it and pull it back down so that it will share the same fate as the rest of them."

    So it is with people. If one tries to do something different or dream big dreams, others will try to drag him back down to share their fate.

    Moral of the story: Ignore the crabs. Charge ahead and do what is right for you. It may not be easy and you may not succeed as much as you like, but you will NEVER share the same fate as those that never try. '

    To conclude with Randy Pausch's words:
    Brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to show how badly we want something. Because the brick walls are there to stop the people who don’t want something badly enough. They are there to keep out the other people.!

    I hope you find inspiration from these words of wisdom......

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. hello sir,

    Wht to say. happy to see that u also have a blog. want to see some family photos of yours especially your childrens. want to know more about them. Their school, holidays, studies etc.,
    i am Latheefa from kerala.

    ReplyDelete
  12. hai sir,

    I don't like to call you by name. That's why i am calling you Sir.I am waiting to see you since 1991.Actually i want to talk to you and want to become your friend.After that i can tell to my dear one's that Rab Ne Bana de Friendship.Hope to see you soon if you please.
    Now my two kids are also your fans.I call my little baby boy, little SRK, at home.Even if i cannot meet u, i feel happy by myself that God has given me a little SRK at home as my son. your childhood photo is similar to my son's.He is now 2.5 years of age.

    Regards
    Lateefa

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Being SRK: The ultimate reality TV show

It's a job most Indians would die for — shadowing Shah Rukh Khan wherever he goes. For the last two months, that's exactly what a TV crew has been doing, following the country's biggest star from South Africa to America to London to Mumbai — all for the making of a unique six-part series on the actor, to be telecast on lifestyle channel Discovery Travel & Living. "It's an inner world-outer world kind of documentary," said Khan, speaking exclusively to HT. "Hopefully, the parts that people will get to see of me — at work and at other places — will shed some light on how films and film stars work and offer an insight into how I do things." Khan said he has got to know the crew quite well ("They have been very unobtrusive"). For Discovery Travel & Living, this series will be one of the biggest global productions to come out of India and will be shown all over the world. "We haven't yet decided when we're going to telec

ShahRukh Khan Forum

hi,All SRK fanz just check out the newly launched ShahRukh khan Discussion forum and stay upto date with latest news of SRK...Register now http://www.shahrukh.itrello.com/forums/ http://shahrukhkhan.fotopic.net