Skip to main content

I’m not a thief: Shah Rukh


After all the fun at brother-in-law Rustom Tiwari's wedding in the Capital, actor Shah Rukh Khan is back to work. In a chatty mood, he held no prisoners as he fielded queries from the media in Delhi on Monday.

Some reports in the media had it that the Company Law Board (CLB) was set to levy a monetary penalty on SRK's company, Red Chillies Entertainment, for failing to file balance sheets and annual returns with the Registrar of Companies for the past four years. The board also proposed that it would impose a fine of up to Rs 7.5 lakh on the company. To this, Shah Rukh, in town for a promotional event for Nokia, said, "I have no idea about it as I have been out of the country for because of shoots. I am a law-abiding citizen of the country, and the highest tax payer. I follow rules, but if there is any such problem, I will check on it and sort it out. I am not a thief. If there has been an oversight, it will be checked immediately."

The actor, 45, who was once very active on microblogging site Twitter, has tweeted only thrice since November last year. When asked why, he said, "To begin with, I don't know how to deal with people. And when I was on Twitter, people would ask me very intrusive questions. They would ask stuff that even my closest friends would not. I was sharing personal details on Twitter, including my kids' pictures, but after I realised it was getting too personal, I got back to my reclusive, unsocial self. I don't need to promote my films on Twitter."

SRKKhan also spoke at length about his IPL cricket team, Kolkata Knight Riders. When asked to comment on the buzz about Shakira co-starring in a music video with him, he said, "I have a team of people working around the marketing for KKR. I have no clue if Shakira is going to dance for KKR. It is wonderful if she is going to ... but I really don't know anything till now."

And then, he ate the humble pie. "As the owner of the team, I think I have let KKR down since the team hasn't being doing well. But, it is not in my hands, as I am not playing on the ground."

IPL and its Lalit Modi have been indispensable since the beginning of the tournament but not with Modi gone, but will IPL be same? He answers, "To be honest, I have realized in the field of cricket or entertainment, no one is indispensable. And the matter of fact is that the game of cricket is much important than any individual."

Shah Rukh Khan, who grew his hair long for his role in upcoming film Don - The Chase Continues, also revealed that his respect for girls with long hair has increased manifold since he donned long tresses for Don. Explaining it he said, " I think girls are wonderful, for they are able to keep long hair for years and years. It's simply remarkable I had to maintain long hair for my look in Don 2 and that was the first thing I wanted to get rid of after I finished shooting for the movie. I got my hairdresser to trim my locks at 3 a.m. as soon as I finished shooting for the movie. When I used to get up in the morning, I used to feel there were a lot of others sleeping with me. It used to take two people to shampoo my hair I feel it's amazing how girls are able to manage long hair everyday," he said.

Lastly, the actor seemed very passionate while talking about his upcoming superhero film Ra.One. He says, in my 20 years of career, I haven't given back to the film industry. But this film is my attempt to give back to the industry.  The special effects of Ra.One will surely be something that Indian movies have never seen before. It is undoubtedly, the most expensive film ever and I hope all be it kids, youngsters love it. I am very passionate about it and hope I get it right."


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being SRK: The ultimate reality TV show

It's a job most Indians would die for — shadowing Shah Rukh Khan wherever he goes. For the last two months, that's exactly what a TV crew has been doing, following the country's biggest star from South Africa to America to London to Mumbai — all for the making of a unique six-part series on the actor, to be telecast on lifestyle channel Discovery Travel & Living. "It's an inner world-outer world kind of documentary," said Khan, speaking exclusively to HT. "Hopefully, the parts that people will get to see of me — at work and at other places — will shed some light on how films and film stars work and offer an insight into how I do things." Khan said he has got to know the crew quite well ("They have been very unobtrusive"). For Discovery Travel & Living, this series will be one of the biggest global productions to come out of India and will be shown all over the world. "We haven't yet decided when we're going to telec

ShahRukh Khan Forum

hi,All SRK fanz just check out the newly launched ShahRukh khan Discussion forum and stay upto date with latest news of SRK...Register now http://www.shahrukh.itrello.com/forums/ http://shahrukhkhan.fotopic.net