Skip to main content

Fairy couch mother

Who would've thought that one day I'd have the power to deliver someone's dream to them as reality? But then who would have thought that a tipsy conversation on a rainy night over spiked nimbu paanis with my dear friend and initial producer, Mozez Singh, would give birth to a furry red beast? And that in a space of two years I'd become synonymous with that red beast? Not I.

Tune into Headlines Today on Saturday,
September 18, at 7.30 pm and Sunday, Sep 19, at 12.30 pm to watch the show

Yet, there were two squealing 17-year-old girls killing me loudly with their gratitude. They could scarcely believe that their all time favourite larger than God hero was talking to them as an equal. One of them almost fainted as this divine idol hugged her. This was their dream being realised. And it was me who had made it possible. Or rather it was my couch. Bow down to the fairy couch mother, armed with a mission to make dreams come true.

Could gloat about this forever if I myself had not wanted to shriek louder than them. Being there in this supposed position of power rubbing shoulders with and doling out awards to celestial icons as if this is what I do for a living, is so nauseatingly heady that I periodically have to resort to pinching to convince self that it is in fact what I do for a living. More often than not I still feel like the naughty kid who found a free pass to Disney land, but wants to keep it hush hush because any minute the bubble can burst.

You have to understand that when I was a full time actor and on the asking end of the spectrum, these are the same achievers - actors, musicians, politicians, sportspeople, writers, gurus and directors that I really wanted to talk to but would never find my tongue in front of. I would put them on a towering pedestal and morph into this awkward anxious creature that was but a sliver of who I really was or could be. Today the couch and you - the viewer, have given me the confidence to level out that playing field and take these same people to task. It's not them who've changed, it's me who has finally found the poise to be me. The real fun has only just begun.

Which other couch do the rich and the famous publically and repeatedly ask to be cast on? Believe you me, they love it. As Shah Rukh cheekily says "...it's the only time I've been awarded and rewarded for being on a couch with a girl", then proceeds to excitedly show me the top secret rushes of Ra 1. You see, I am a 'friend' and can be trusted now. This is my true reward.

Tune into Headlines Today this Saturday 18th September at 7.30pm and Sunday at 12.30pm to watch the results of the first ever Couch Awards 2010. After all it is your votes that have decided the winners.


Source: http://blogs.intoday.in/index.php?option=com_myblog&show=Fairy-couch-mother.html&Itemid=&main_category=30&contentid=62112&blogs=2&contentid=62112

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being SRK: The ultimate reality TV show

It's a job most Indians would die for — shadowing Shah Rukh Khan wherever he goes. For the last two months, that's exactly what a TV crew has been doing, following the country's biggest star from South Africa to America to London to Mumbai — all for the making of a unique six-part series on the actor, to be telecast on lifestyle channel Discovery Travel & Living. "It's an inner world-outer world kind of documentary," said Khan, speaking exclusively to HT. "Hopefully, the parts that people will get to see of me — at work and at other places — will shed some light on how films and film stars work and offer an insight into how I do things." Khan said he has got to know the crew quite well ("They have been very unobtrusive"). For Discovery Travel & Living, this series will be one of the biggest global productions to come out of India and will be shown all over the world. "We haven't yet decided when we're going to telec

ShahRukh Khan Forum

hi,All SRK fanz just check out the newly launched ShahRukh khan Discussion forum and stay upto date with latest news of SRK...Register now http://www.shahrukh.itrello.com/forums/ http://shahrukhkhan.fotopic.net