Skip to main content

For a professional, there’s never a challenge: Shah Rukh Khan

- The No. 1 superstar on life away from cricket

Calcutta: Shah Rukh Khan's tweets have been giving an insight into what he feels, emotionally and otherwise, about the Kolkata Knight Riders' performance in IPL III.

Moving away from cricket, the numero uno superstar spoke to The Telegraph. The one-on-one covered films, challenges and whether he's the sort to envy.

The following are excerpts

Q Critically, where would you rate your performance in your last release, My Name Is Khan?

A I never see my films... I mean, you just do what you think is good at that point in time... You don't assess your state of mind and say that this is nice... I don't even know how to rate the film... What I do look at is just the technical things. I don't see films in the hall with people... I see it, technically, five-seven days before we take the final call... See how it's going to look. The process of making art is enjoyable to you, the process of enjoying art is for the others. It's a very strange dichotomy in art, that it is not yours. You can ask any artist, whether it be a singer, a painter or a designer... It is very strange that your work is only yours till you are making it. Post that, it is everybody else's to enjoy. So, I feel the same sense of detachment. I do feel very happy when people say it (a film) has turned out well, I can't deny that I love that... On a Monday (after the opening weekend), though, the film is not mine. It's like a daughter you marry off and hope she's happy with her husband and that her husband's happy with her. And that she spreads love like she did in your life... So, in any work of art, the artist will have a different connotation... I want people to enjoy my films and it's not only about the number of people who come to the halls. Of course, if a lot of people come, then a lot of money also comes, but I can't sit and talk critically... I don't even remember what I've done in the film, to be honest with you...

What's your reaction when fans praise a particular scene or scenes?

See, when you are doing it, you don't even know which one is going to be liked by the people. You may like a particular shot, but others could find some other shot nice and 20 more may just hate it all. To me, the process of creating each film is as important as my life itself. And, then, you just leave it and get on to the next one.

Talking of challenges, how challenging was your role in My Name is Khan?

(Passionately) For a professional, there's never a challenge... It would be a challenge for someone who is not a professional actor. This is what I deliver... This is what I do... This is what I live by... When my director tells me to do something, I don't take it as a challenge at all. I work very hard on it... I've worked for 20 years and, if after 20 years, I take it as a challenge, then you know (something is wrong)... I'd be disappointed if one of my KKR players says he finds the role assigned to him challenging.

As an actor, what for you is the next level?

I don't think like that. I just do the films my friends like, or, I feel like doing... It becomes more important when people like it. The appreciation belongs to the viewers, I have no ownership over it. I don't know how it will pan out... I just do my job and have a great time doing it. Like I'm doing Ra.One now... I'm really thrilled.

Is there an actor or a person you envy?

I don't have any reason to envy anyone.

Or, appreciate highly...

I appreciate everyone. I enjoy everybody's work... I don't belittle anyone, I'm humble. Indeed, I accept everybody's excellence with a lot of humility, graciousness and appreciation. However, I don't want to be like anyone else. I want to be me. I like (best buddy) Vivek (Khushalani) for what he is... But, there's no point in my becoming him... Vivek is good individually for what he does and I have to appreciate it. However, I want to be who I am and I hope people appreciate that... There has never been any envy in my life, never. I have no negative or dark shades and am always transparent.

Do you have long-term plans? Do you actually plan ahead or do you plan for the moment?

(Laughs) I do what I like doing at the moment in question... Like giving you this interview.

But you don't really come across as being disorganised, so to say?

I'm very disorganised.

The final one... Disorganised at home?

Everywhere.


Source: http://www.telegraphindia.com/1100418/jsp/sports/story_12352043.jsp


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being SRK: The ultimate reality TV show

It's a job most Indians would die for — shadowing Shah Rukh Khan wherever he goes. For the last two months, that's exactly what a TV crew has been doing, following the country's biggest star from South Africa to America to London to Mumbai — all for the making of a unique six-part series on the actor, to be telecast on lifestyle channel Discovery Travel & Living. "It's an inner world-outer world kind of documentary," said Khan, speaking exclusively to HT. "Hopefully, the parts that people will get to see of me — at work and at other places — will shed some light on how films and film stars work and offer an insight into how I do things." Khan said he has got to know the crew quite well ("They have been very unobtrusive"). For Discovery Travel & Living, this series will be one of the biggest global productions to come out of India and will be shown all over the world. "We haven't yet decided when we're going to telec

ShahRukh Khan Forum

hi,All SRK fanz just check out the newly launched ShahRukh khan Discussion forum and stay upto date with latest news of SRK...Register now http://www.shahrukh.itrello.com/forums/ http://shahrukhkhan.fotopic.net