Skip to main content

SRK says he's hurt, not cribbing for publicity

Mumbai: Actor Shah Rukh Khan on Tuesday said his experience at the Newark airport's immigration counter in the US was "embarrassing" and he was not complaining to gain publicity.

"I am scared of the authorities and rules, so I try to follow the rules of the country I travel to. Whenever I am in America, I have to report at least two hours in advance while travelling within the country for security reasons -- they ask me to take off my clothes and shoes, and I do that. But I never experienced this kind of treatment," Khan told reporters in Mumbai on his arrival here four days after he was detained for two hours at the Newark airport.

"There are some routine security measures--they check your finger prints and scan your retina. But the routine security process was not followed. Instead, the authorities asked me bizzare and irrelevant questions. I am not trying to make a point here, but why were security measures not followed?" he asked.


"The security of any country is important but caste, religion or race shouldn't come in the way of security measures. You may call me a mega star, a celebrity, but basically I'm just a normal guy. But I'm lucky that I have access to friends in the (Indian) consulate whom I could call up. But there are hundreds of others who don't have this facility."

Khan denied that the detention drama was a publicity stunt for his forthcoming movie My Name Is Khan. "I don't think that I need publicity," he said.


Comments

  1. If it is not publicity then what it is Mr. Shah Rukh? What irrelevant questions were they? I have heard you saying asking phone numbers of people u know in the US..was irrelevant and embarassing question?? I PITY YOU. I go to the US over 4 times a year and I know the differences in security checks all along the year too.. But I am happy they are doing it for their own country's security. What is the problem that you did not enter THEIR country? You wanted to hoist Indian Flag in the US!!!! Is that a big reason? Seriously, you so-called celebrities make Indians look so small worldwide. If not for these embarassments, we would have been a BETTER INDIA - I dont think the money you create anyway helps hold India's name in any form.

    Grow Up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. truely said above.. Why u never had a problem when thousands of other muslims had to go through similar detentions every day.. ??

    Its their country and they hav every right to protect their people.. It is becoz of u people that India has got such a bad name..

    And for everyone's info.. many hollywood celebs alo have to undergo such treatments many a times.. but u dont know ant it.. becoz they never made a new out of it.. !!

    Please u too behave like those politicians of ours who never miss a chance to take d advantage of the emotions of Indian public.. And please in no way SRK represents d whole country.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Being SRK: The ultimate reality TV show

It's a job most Indians would die for — shadowing Shah Rukh Khan wherever he goes. For the last two months, that's exactly what a TV crew has been doing, following the country's biggest star from South Africa to America to London to Mumbai — all for the making of a unique six-part series on the actor, to be telecast on lifestyle channel Discovery Travel & Living. "It's an inner world-outer world kind of documentary," said Khan, speaking exclusively to HT. "Hopefully, the parts that people will get to see of me — at work and at other places — will shed some light on how films and film stars work and offer an insight into how I do things." Khan said he has got to know the crew quite well ("They have been very unobtrusive"). For Discovery Travel & Living, this series will be one of the biggest global productions to come out of India and will be shown all over the world. "We haven't yet decided when we're going to telec

ShahRukh Khan Forum

hi,All SRK fanz just check out the newly launched ShahRukh khan Discussion forum and stay upto date with latest news of SRK...Register now http://www.shahrukh.itrello.com/forums/ http://shahrukhkhan.fotopic.net