Skip to main content

Rajinikanth kept practicing to throw the cigarette into his mouth

Kochaidayan-music-release-2

The moment his name was called, the baadshah came in running to the podium.

"My Tamil is not good. I only know the word Thalaivaa. Recently someone in the flight told me 'Never speak Tamil'.

Actually I did not know that I was the chief guest of the event. I just came here to have some fun. I have three reasons why I am here today.

Firstly, I have come here as a fan.


24 years ago when I landed in Mumbai – was called Bombay back then, I happened to see Rajinikanth in a movie set. He was practicing to throw the cigarette into his mouth. Even when the others went for lunch, he kept practicing. I have been a fan ever since.

Secondly, I have come here as a friend

When I made Ra One, Rajinikanth has been a huge support. I have even used Chitti, the robot, in the movie. Thanks to Rajinikanth and Shankar sir for that.

Thirdly, I have come here as a seeker of knowledge.

The films made here are extremely wonderful. I am happy to be sharing the stage with veterans like K. Balachander sir and SP Muthuraman sir. There are many more names in the Tamil Film Industry who are great veterans.

I just learned how to pronounce the name of the movie with a little help from Deepika.

Ko – like lovely, Chadi – like getting on something and Yaan – a plane – there you go. Kochadiyaan.

Shahrukh then turned to Vairamuthu and told him, 'See even I can explain the meaning of the movie'.

I am sorry, I don't understand Tamil. I did not understand what most of you spoke here. I clapped when the audience clapped and laughed when the audience laughed.

I am thankful that Indian cinema has introduced such a technology. It is one of the finest steps ever taken."

Finally, Shahrukh Khan sang the Lungi Dance song. He replaced the word 'Lungi Dance' with the word 'Kochadaiiyaan' as he sang.


S.P Muthuraman


Shahrukh Khan - "I have watched a commercial where you look into the camera and ask 'Have I made it large?'  From a television star to a big star. A roller coaster ride to the pinnacles of an insecure job. I have the answer to your question.

Yes you have made it large. Your obvious affection for Rajinikanth is heartwarmingly charming. It is a pleasure, honour, privilege and a blessing to have you here."

The much awaited audio launch of Kochadaiiyaan happened at 10:00 AM today, 9th March, 2013, at the Sathyam Cinemas. Big  names such as Rajinikanth, Shahrukh Khan, Deepika Padukone, K. Balachander, S.P Muthuraman, AVM Saravanan, A.R Rahman, Jackie Shroff, Dhanush, Vairamuthu, Shankar, Shobana, Sarath Kumar, Resul Pookutty, Adhi, Nazar, Aishwarya Dhanush, the director Soundarya R. Ashwin and many more took part in the event. There was a huge crowd in the hall and when the Superstar walked in, there was a loud roar.

The event started off with a prayer song and a dance performance followed by the screening of the theatrical trailer of Kochadaiiyaan. The trailer was a treat to watch, with special Rajinikanth punches like "Vaaipugal thaana amaiyaadhu. Naama dhaan amachukkanum" (Opportunities don't happen. We should make them happen) and "Kochadaiiyaan indha Naataiyum, Naatu Makkalaiyum Kaaka Pirandhavan" (Kochadaiiyaan was born to save this land and the people in this land).

The team also screened the making of the film and a clipping of Rajinikanth dancing the Rudra Thandavam which was a real visual feast.

Soundarya Rajinikanth becomes the first daughter to direct a movie with her father in the lead. She appeared to be a happy person when she came up to the stage to speak.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being SRK: The ultimate reality TV show

It's a job most Indians would die for — shadowing Shah Rukh Khan wherever he goes. For the last two months, that's exactly what a TV crew has been doing, following the country's biggest star from South Africa to America to London to Mumbai — all for the making of a unique six-part series on the actor, to be telecast on lifestyle channel Discovery Travel & Living. "It's an inner world-outer world kind of documentary," said Khan, speaking exclusively to HT. "Hopefully, the parts that people will get to see of me — at work and at other places — will shed some light on how films and film stars work and offer an insight into how I do things." Khan said he has got to know the crew quite well ("They have been very unobtrusive"). For Discovery Travel & Living, this series will be one of the biggest global productions to come out of India and will be shown all over the world. "We haven't yet decided when we're going to telec

ShahRukh Khan Forum

hi,All SRK fanz just check out the newly launched ShahRukh khan Discussion forum and stay upto date with latest news of SRK...Register now http://www.shahrukh.itrello.com/forums/ http://shahrukhkhan.fotopic.net