Skip to main content

Kareena and SRK co-starring after almost a decade

Kareena is paired with SRK in his latest home production. She was also his co-star in his second, Asoka. On the second day of shooting, she gets nostalgic...

They are paired together in his home production Ra One directed by Anubhav Sinha. The last film they had acted opposite each other was another SRK's home production -- Asoka (2001).



She squeals excitedly from Goa, "After Asoka, we worked together in K3G but we weren't paired romantically. I did a song with him in Don and Billu. Ra One is his most ambitious project yet.

She continues, "We share an amazing chemistry. When Shah Rukh and I shot yesterday the spark was there -- it was as if no time had passed since Asoka. And it's been almost a decade."

Not surprised
Kareena says that she wasn't surprised when SRK offered her the role in Ra One. "He spoke to me about the part when we were shooting for Marjaani song in Billu. He told me he was working on a super hero flick and was very excited about it. Then one day he called me and asked me if I would be a part of his film. When Anubhav narrated the script, I realised it had all the making of a blockbuster. I am really excited about my role. Though it's a fantasy film I have no stunts to do in the film. My character is that of a married woman and have a different look in the film."

Gush factor
She adds that she hasn't noticed any changes in Shah Rukh's working style even after a decade, "He is hard working and very encouraging. I have never seen him sitting and doing nothing. Either he's discussing something with the director or cameraman or scriptwriter. He's so energetic and involved, that for me it's a huge effort to match up to his energy levels."

While Shah Rukh remains one of her personal favourites amongst the Khans (SRK, Salman, Aamir, Saif) Kareena refuses to name one as her all-time favourite actor. "They all have truly unique and diverse personas (SRK's is magnetic, Aamir is a genius, Saif has an international Hollywood appeal and Salman is spontaneous) so it's unfair to choose any one as my favourite. The Khans are ruling the industry today and I am lucky to have worked with all of them."

His chivalry
Bebo is clearly impressed with her hero, and admires him most for his chivalry, "I remember his chivalry when I first met him when I was nine years old (at one of Karisma's shows in Muscat) and he is still the same. He is so protective and caring towards women that is hard not to be charmed. From a wide-eyed nine-year-old to playing his wife -- it's been great to know Shah Rukh. It's fun to be on a set with him. I feel at home on his sets as I can say and do anything that I want. He tells me that I look the best in his movies and I agree with that. He takes extra special care in everything and I feel so touched."

Today Kareena will take a chartered flight from Goa to Delhi to launch a new cell phone. The phone will also launch her interactive fan groups on Twitter and Facebook where Kareena will be seen chatting with her fans on the websites once a week.

Source: http://www.mid-day.com/entertainment/2010/mar/260310-Kareena-Kapoor-Shah-Rukh-Khan-Ra-One-co-stars.htm

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being SRK: The ultimate reality TV show

It's a job most Indians would die for — shadowing Shah Rukh Khan wherever he goes. For the last two months, that's exactly what a TV crew has been doing, following the country's biggest star from South Africa to America to London to Mumbai — all for the making of a unique six-part series on the actor, to be telecast on lifestyle channel Discovery Travel & Living. "It's an inner world-outer world kind of documentary," said Khan, speaking exclusively to HT. "Hopefully, the parts that people will get to see of me — at work and at other places — will shed some light on how films and film stars work and offer an insight into how I do things." Khan said he has got to know the crew quite well ("They have been very unobtrusive"). For Discovery Travel & Living, this series will be one of the biggest global productions to come out of India and will be shown all over the world. "We haven't yet decided when we're going to telec

ShahRukh Khan Forum

hi,All SRK fanz just check out the newly launched ShahRukh khan Discussion forum and stay upto date with latest news of SRK...Register now http://www.shahrukh.itrello.com/forums/ http://shahrukhkhan.fotopic.net