Skip to main content

When it rained stars

For once, the stars shone brighter off the ground at the IPL match on Saturday. With the last few matches in the City not having had its fair share of celebrities, it was left to the Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) versus Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) match to make up for the lost glamour quotient.

King Khan of Bollywood was the showstopper for the day. No wonder there were 40,000 fans who sat patiently through the rain-affected match.  But such was RCB's command that even the stars could not save KKR.

In fact, RCB too had enough ammunition in the form of Shivrajkumar and Ramya in its repertoire on the star quotient.

Juhi Chawla, Mamta Mohandas and Leander Paes too were around to enliven the proceedings. And the rain only gave enough opportunity to the spectators to gaze at their favourite stars.

The rain, though was a brief affair, as the looming storm had to make way for the Gayle effect. Once the storm failed to materialise, Gayle literally took over to ensure that there were no changes in RCB's fortunes. The spectators were not complaining.

It was a double dhamaka as they sat with their eyes glued to the stands (where the stars stood) when it rained and turned focus on to the ground whenever the cricketing action resumed. Asma, Almas and Sara couldn't get enough of SRK, "Hum dil bhar ke SRK ko dhek chuke hai," said Asma, a diehard fan of SRK.

"SRK is not stunning to look at but there's an aura about him," added Almas. And Sara, who was just waiting to get a glimpse of the baadshah of Bollywood said, "I simply love him and I've never missed a chance to see him in person whenever I could afford to and this is one such occasion."

Shah Rukh Khan: "Bangalore surely has an amazing energy, something I have not seen in any stadium so far. I came here on Friday evening and was at the stadium till 11 pm. I even tried my hand at the nets, it was fun but tiring. I surely miss the sportsman in me. It is unfortunate that it rained. I am hoping  the best for KKR."

Juhi Chawla: "It has been a whirlwind of a journey for the team this year. I am keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for the best. I even went to a temple and prayed before the match. The rain is making me nervous but I am still hoping for the best."


Source: Shah Rukh Khan: "Bangalore surely has an amazing energy, something I have not seen in any stadium so far. I came here on Friday evening and was at the stadium till 11 pm. I even tried my hand at the nets, it was fun but tiring. I surely miss the sportsman in me. It is unfortunate that it rained. I am hoping  the best for KKR."

Juhi Chawla: "It has been a whirlwind of a journey for the team this year. I am keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for the best. I even went to a temple and prayed before the match. The rain is making me nervous but I am still hoping for the best."




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being SRK: The ultimate reality TV show

It's a job most Indians would die for — shadowing Shah Rukh Khan wherever he goes. For the last two months, that's exactly what a TV crew has been doing, following the country's biggest star from South Africa to America to London to Mumbai — all for the making of a unique six-part series on the actor, to be telecast on lifestyle channel Discovery Travel & Living. "It's an inner world-outer world kind of documentary," said Khan, speaking exclusively to HT. "Hopefully, the parts that people will get to see of me — at work and at other places — will shed some light on how films and film stars work and offer an insight into how I do things." Khan said he has got to know the crew quite well ("They have been very unobtrusive"). For Discovery Travel & Living, this series will be one of the biggest global productions to come out of India and will be shown all over the world. "We haven't yet decided when we're going to telec

ShahRukh Khan Forum

hi,All SRK fanz just check out the newly launched ShahRukh khan Discussion forum and stay upto date with latest news of SRK...Register now http://www.shahrukh.itrello.com/forums/ http://shahrukhkhan.fotopic.net