Skip to main content

'I find it silly to talk about Salman' 'I find it silly to talk about Salman' Shah Rukh Khan on why the so-called war is getting boring

'I find it silly to talk about Salman'

"None of you know the real me yet". That was Shah Rukh Khan's message to the media, as he geared up to become the brand ambassador of the Korean Tourism Board. As a part of the promotion, Shah Rukh Khan was also awarded an honorary black belt in taekwondo (a martial arts form in Korea).

Speaking at the event, Khan said he could never get bored of awards and recognition. "I am still like a child who seeks attention. So even if people accuse me of buying awards, it doesn't matter. I am happy to receive them. It's all in appreciation of my work over the last two decades." Shah Rukh said as more and more countries focused on India, Indians needed to be more accommodating towards other cultures, both within and outside the country.

Shah Rukh further added that the underlying message in any martial arts form was peace and love. He was all praise for Akshay Kumar. "Akki is unbelievable in martial arts and is a terrific ambassador of the sport." However when asked if he would extend the same love to a certain Salman Khan; this is what he had to say.

"I find it silly talking about Salman. The media is giving far more importance to these so-called wars, than the stars themselves. All of us are secure in our space and just trying to do our own work. Beyond a certain stage none of us needs cheap publicity to promote our films".

Shah Rukh said he was bored of the same gossip being churned out again and again. "I am sure my friends from the media are also tired of these questions. But there is always some new journalist out there who doesn't want to be left behind and digs out the same old stuff."

Khan added, "Just like I need to work on fresher scripts, even the media needs to come up with newer beats. Try some positive stories and trust me you will have a huge response. Given our experience, the media can engage Bollywood stars for some really thought provoking insightful stories – instead of the same gossip. But I am an entertainer, so if writing about me entertains anyone, please go ahead."

About his ramp walk Shah Rukh said, "I don't even know what I am wearing. My wife is the biggest star on the ramp. I am just walking on the side for her friend Karan Johar." Shah Rukh said he had immense respect for Salman Khan's Being Human and wished the actor was given credit for the foundation rather than his fashion show.

Shah Rukh signed off on a lighter note by saying, "For the last 15 years it seems I am fighting with someone or the other. Makes me wonder if I am a bad person. But I live in a house full of so much love and 99 per cent of the time even the media has been so nice to me, I think I have done fine. Please try to know more about my films. Else don't mess with me. Remember I have a black belt."
Source: Buzz18

http://shahrukhkhanz.blogspot.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being SRK: The ultimate reality TV show

It's a job most Indians would die for — shadowing Shah Rukh Khan wherever he goes. For the last two months, that's exactly what a TV crew has been doing, following the country's biggest star from South Africa to America to London to Mumbai — all for the making of a unique six-part series on the actor, to be telecast on lifestyle channel Discovery Travel & Living. "It's an inner world-outer world kind of documentary," said Khan, speaking exclusively to HT. "Hopefully, the parts that people will get to see of me — at work and at other places — will shed some light on how films and film stars work and offer an insight into how I do things." Khan said he has got to know the crew quite well ("They have been very unobtrusive"). For Discovery Travel & Living, this series will be one of the biggest global productions to come out of India and will be shown all over the world. "We haven't yet decided when we're going to telec

ShahRukh Khan Forum

hi,All SRK fanz just check out the newly launched ShahRukh khan Discussion forum and stay upto date with latest news of SRK...Register now http://www.shahrukh.itrello.com/forums/ http://shahrukhkhan.fotopic.net