Skip to main content

Success just happens: Shah Rukh Khan at AIMA convention

 
Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan
Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan Photo: Reuters
"Successful people are never able to pinpoint what made them successful," summed up Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan at the 40th National Management Convention organised by the All India Management Association (AIMA) in New Delhi. Khan was speaking on 'The Role of Courage in Success'.

A candid Khan confessed that he wasn't good at giving a discourse on success. "What can I say about success that all of you already don't know," he said. "We don't acquire wisdom from success and that's why it can't be passed on to others. Success just happens."

Indeed, talking about success, Khan asserted, is a waste of time. "Let me tell you honestly that I happened to become what I did because I am very scared. I don't want to succeed as much as I do not want to fail."

The actor kept the audience spellbound by sharing his personal experiences. He came from a lower middle-class family and had seen a lot of hardship, said Khan. " At a young age after my parents died, I equated poverty to failure. I just did not want to be poor. When I got a chance to act in films, it was not out of desire. It was purely out of fear of failure and poverty."   

Khan, the master showman, kept his audience entertained. His hour-long session was peppered with songs, dialogues and dance sequences from some of his popular movies.
 
But Khan also had plenty of advice for everyone. The 'Baadshah' of Bollywood stressed on the need to learn from failures. "Success is not a direct result of action. All of us should experience failure in some measure. If you don't fail you will never succeed. Failure is an amazing teacher."

Failure also helps you find your real friends, said Khan. Hinting at the rivalry between him and other Bollywood stars, Khan said that while he had made no new friends after the success of his latest movie Chennai Express, he had certainly made a few enemies!

On being asked whether he will join politics, Khan replied in the negative. "It's like asking me if I can become an astronaut. No, I can't. I know many south Indian movie stars become politicians but that is because those people understand local politics. It's not a profession that I can turn to at the age of 47."​


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SRK plunges 300 feet

Shah Rukh Khan More Pics It seems that superstar Shah Rukh Khan has still not come out of his superhero persona. After doing some death-defying stunts for sci-fi thriller " Ra.One", the actor took a 300 feet plunge while shooting for Farhan Akhtar's " Don 2" in Berlin. "Just did an over 300 feet base jump for Don... because you all make me believe I can fly. Time to tell kids about the birds and the bees... ha ha," Shah Rukh wrote on microblogging site Twitter. "My jump was last shot of day. Want to thank my duplicate and action team, to do it before me for wide shots and make me feel confident about it," he added. Read more: SRK plunges 300 feet - The Times of India http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/news-interviews/SRK-plunges-300-feet/articleshow/6742053.cms#ixzz12LKP6dMM

‘Ra.One’ heads to shoot overseas

SRK’s superhero home production ‘Ra.One’ has completed its shooting schedule in India and is heading to overseas for its remaining shoot. According to the close hands in production, now only the photo shoot remains in India. Rest of the shooting will now happen in London. The movie stars Shah Rukh Khan as superman with Kareena Kapoor as his wife and Arjun Ramphal as the bad guy. The film is slated for a year-end release. in reference to: "SRK’s superhero home production ‘Ra.One’ has completed its shooting schedule in India and is heading to overseas for its remaining shoot. According to the close hands in production, now only the photo shoot remains in India. Rest of the shooting will now happen in London. The movie stars Shah Rukh Khan as superman with Kareena Kapoor as his wife and Arjun Ramphal as the bad guy. The film is slated for a year-end release." - IndiaGlitz - ‘Ra.One’ heads to shoot overseas - Bollywood Movie News ( view on Google Sidewiki )