Skip to main content

SRK, Kajol promote My Name Is Khan

Shah Rukh Khan's new film My Name Is Khan was unveiled at a grand function at Mumbai's J W Marriott on Thursday.

The superstar was present along with his leading lady in the film, Kajol, director Karan Johar and the CEO of Star TV Uday Kumar.

SRK was quite candid about his plans of promoting his film and did not seem too impressed about Aamir Khan's marketing plans to sell his December release 3 Idiots.

Aamir, for those who still don't know, has been traveling around India in various disguises, challenging people to recognise him before his film releases.

"I am sorry to use the word but it is chichorapan to do something like this -- to create controversy to sell a film. As far of promoting MNIK is concerned, I think every film has its own strategy. If we are asked to go to other states to promote the film, we surely will do it. But if you are asking if I will vanish, I don't know. I am still here," SRK said.

SRK claimed that his detention at the Newark airport in the US last August was not a publicity gimmick to promote MNIK. "As an Indian, a Muslim, an actor and a star I have always been respected. I have never had an issue like this in my life. My detention did not have anything to do with the film. Things like this just happen," he said.

Karan Johar supported SRK by saying, "I think certain things just happen and we get unnecessary credit for it. When Wake Up Sid got into a controversy, people thought it was a strategy.

"Similarly, when Shah Rukh was detained at the Newark airport, people asked me if it was a marketing strategy. If I had so much influence on the Homeland security, I think I wouldn't be where I am now. I would be sitting next to (US President) Obama now."

MNIK sees SRK play an autistic Rizwan Khan, who falls in love with Kajol's Mandira. The film is set against the backdrop of  9/11.

Source: Rediffindia
http://shahrukhkhanz.blogspot.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SRK plunges 300 feet

Shah Rukh Khan More Pics It seems that superstar Shah Rukh Khan has still not come out of his superhero persona. After doing some death-defying stunts for sci-fi thriller " Ra.One", the actor took a 300 feet plunge while shooting for Farhan Akhtar's " Don 2" in Berlin. "Just did an over 300 feet base jump for Don... because you all make me believe I can fly. Time to tell kids about the birds and the bees... ha ha," Shah Rukh wrote on microblogging site Twitter. "My jump was last shot of day. Want to thank my duplicate and action team, to do it before me for wide shots and make me feel confident about it," he added. Read more: SRK plunges 300 feet - The Times of India http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/news-interviews/SRK-plunges-300-feet/articleshow/6742053.cms#ixzz12LKP6dMM

‘Ra.One’ heads to shoot overseas

SRK’s superhero home production ‘Ra.One’ has completed its shooting schedule in India and is heading to overseas for its remaining shoot. According to the close hands in production, now only the photo shoot remains in India. Rest of the shooting will now happen in London. The movie stars Shah Rukh Khan as superman with Kareena Kapoor as his wife and Arjun Ramphal as the bad guy. The film is slated for a year-end release. in reference to: "SRK’s superhero home production ‘Ra.One’ has completed its shooting schedule in India and is heading to overseas for its remaining shoot. According to the close hands in production, now only the photo shoot remains in India. Rest of the shooting will now happen in London. The movie stars Shah Rukh Khan as superman with Kareena Kapoor as his wife and Arjun Ramphal as the bad guy. The film is slated for a year-end release." - IndiaGlitz - ‘Ra.One’ heads to shoot overseas - Bollywood Movie News ( view on Google Sidewiki )